Tuesday

Think about using yogurt, instead of fake mayo

Tonight I made a tuna salad and instead of reaching for the Miracle Whip, as I've usually done.... I used 2 tablespoons of plain, nonfat yogurt. You know what? It was delicious! I started reading the label:
Miracle Whip:

And that's for just 1 tablespoon.  I usually use 2 tablespoons.  so double what you see here.

Where are the nutrients? Is it all just fat, cholesterol, sugar and carbs?  Yep.  Go to your fridge right now and read the label.  Do you see "high fructose corn syrup"?  What kind of chemical glop have we been eating all these years?

In essence: Yogurt is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Riboflavin, Calcium and Phosphorus.

Yogurt protects against colon disease because it has intestine-friendly lactobacteria-- the most touted being acidophilis, which stops bile from being converted into cancer-causing bile acids. It’s called friendly bacteria because it stops harmful nitrosamines from being created, lowering the risk of colon cancer.

.....And what, nutritionally, does artificial mayonnaise give us?

Did I make my point?  ;-)


No comments: